How to Set Up a Batch Sequence for Your PDF Workflow
In busy workplaces where delays can lead to bottlenecks and a cascade of problems, tools that provide even basic forms of task automation prove to be a valuable addition. When working with digital documents stored in PDF format, there may be times when you need to make the same set of changes to multiple files. Watermarking pages to protect your company's intellectual property is one typical example.
Usually, you'd need to open every file individually, apply the changes, and then move on to the following document. However, with software tools such as Kofax Power PDF, you can skip the tedium and automate the task with a batch sequence. Easy to configure and fast, it takes only a few steps to process dozens or even hundreds of documents at once.
Setting up and Running Batch Sequences Made Easy
What do you need to do to process more than one document? First, we'll need to create the sequence that you want to use on multiple PDFs. This simple and intuitive setup process makes it easy to set up numerous batch processes as necessary. Follow these steps:
- Select the Advanced Processing tab from the top menu, then click the "Sequencer" button.
- Select "New Sequence" to create a new task. Give it a name, then click "Edit Workflow" to begin defining the batch processing.
- Set up your workflow sequence, which can include adding a watermark image, conducting some document modification, or one of the many other options available.
- Choose whether to consistently execute batch processing on open PDF files or ask the user to designate files first.
- Set an output location and file naming conventions for the documents you process.
- Click "OK" to save the workflow.
Repeat this process as many times as necessary to create different batch workflows. Now we can look at how to apply these processes to documents themselves. Again, begin on the Advancing Processing tab.
- Click Sequencer.
- Select the sequence you set up and wish to use, then click Run Sequence.
- Review the steps the sequence contains and double-check output settings. When ready, press OK.
- Specify the files. If your process works on open PDF documents, the commands execute now.
- Press OK after selecting files. Power PDF executes the sequence and outputs to your desired location.
Always verify your input and output locations before processing documents to avoid mistakenly applying changes to documents you did not intend to edit.
Expand Your Digital Document Capabilities With Power PDF
With a tool that simplifies complex document manipulation tasks down into a few batch sequences, it's possible to save a considerable amount of time on processes that might otherwise consume hours of work. Power PDF includes not only this feature but also a wide range of other capabilities, including advanced document security, built-in file conversions, and more. All of this with a perpetual license that costs substantially less than an Adobe Acrobat subscription. Start a free 15-day trial of Power PDF to see how simple it is to use or learn more about this product today.