How to Create and Export a Digital Identity or Certificate in Power PDF
How can you or anyone else know that a secure PDF file came from the right person? Without good security, it's possible for bad actors to intercept or even tamper with digital information, including the contents of PDFs. When used for secure purposes such as signing and executing contracts, such security flaws aren't acceptable.
However, with PKI (public key infrastructure) tools, it's easy to create digital certificates that are both tamper-resistant and capable of verifying identities. With Kofax Power PDF Advanced, creating and sharing these secure IDs is easy.
6 Quick Steps to Create a Digital Identity Certificate
What do you need to do to make sure that others can verify the accuracy and security of documents you send to them?
Creating your own security certificate takes only a few minutes with Power PDF. Follow these steps:
- Open the security tab.
- Click "Manage Digital Identities."
- In the new Security Settings box, click "Add ID..."
- If you have an existing ID to import from a file or USB Storage storage device, select it now. Otherwise, click "Create a Self-Signed Digital ID" and press "Next."
- Fill out the digital ID information, including username, organization, and email address. Set a password to protect your Digital ID. Press OK.
- Save the new Digital ID to a file location of your choice.
You now have a local document with your public and private keys ready to go. Don't share this document with others.
How to Export and Share Your Public ID File
To make it so that other users you trust can verify that documents and signatures originated on your machine and by your hand, they must have the public portion of your digital certificate key available on their computer. Without it, they won't be able to easily verify that your signatures are valid.
Thankfully, it's just as easy to export and share your public ID key as it is to create one. Here's what to do:
- Within the Security tab, click on Manage Digital Identities again.
- Select the Digital ID you wish to export from the available list.
- Choose to email the data to a user, or save the file locally.
- Create a filename and choose a hard drive location for local saving. Press OK.
Once you've exported your certificate successfully, you can send it directly to the trusted users of your choice for future verification purposes. Power PDF also provides you with the option to store certificates with Microsoft, making them much more broadly available.
Bring Power PDF To Your Business Today
At a time when digital security is more important than ever, tools that offer easy-to-use solutions for identity verification and access to public key cryptography are essential. Power PDF not only provides this functionality, but also delivers a full range of PDF editing tools combined with cutting-edge security options. Learn more about how much Power PDF can transform your digital document procedures when you try a 15-day free trial today.