Kofax 90-day Product Support Warranty
Kofax 90-day Desktop Product Support Warranty provides customers with unlimited access to Kofax Desktop Technical Support for the first 90 days of Product Ownership. Access to Technical Support is limited to problems or issues experienced during installation, setup, configuration, reinstallation (not including data recovery) and during normal usage. Hardware configuration must meet the system requirements for the software. See the User’s Guide specific to the Kofax Desktop Software for system requirements. The 90-day Desktop Support Warranty is effective upon the earlier of product registration or activation.
Technical Support is available by telephone and web based “Case” based ticketing system. Each separate problem or issue reported to Technical Support is defined as a separate “Case”.
90-day Product Support Warranty Availability
90-day Product Support Warranty is available within the first 90 days of product ownership of the current versions of Kofax Desktop Software. The specific applications are OmniPage, PaperPort, Power PDF. Product Registration is required to receive the 90-day Product Support Warranty.
From time to time, Kofax will release bug-fix only software updates to remedy issues with our Desktop products. Bug-fixes are provided free of charge as a download from within the Desktop Software and/or from the Kofax website.
Support “Case” Definition
Kofax defines a support Case as a specific, discrete issue that can be addressed by isolating its origin to a single cause. Kofax, in its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes a support Case. A support Case has reached resolution when the customer receives one of the following:
- Information that resolves the issue
- Information on how to obtain a bug-fix only software solution that will resolve the issue
- Notice that the issue is caused by a known, unresolved issue or an incompatibility issue with the supported product
- Information that identifies the issue as being resolved by purchasing an upgrade to a newer release of the supported product
- Notice that the issue has been identified as a hardware equipment issue
- Information that isolates issue to a third-party product, not supported by Kofax