The Quocirca Future of Work report explores the evolving landscape of work in the digital age. It highlights the impact of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and automation on employment and productivity. The study analyzes how print and digital convergence is shaping today’s workplace. ‘The Future of Work, 2025’ reveals that post-pandemic transformation is proceeding at pace and that the role and requirements of the modern workplace are undergoing fundamental changes.
The survey revealed that many were accelerating their plans for digitization in the post-pandemic environment and showed several emerging trends in terms of working styles, usage of the office and needs from IT providers.
Key findings include:
- People: 36% of the workforce are currently working remotely now and 44% will do so by 2025.
- Place: The office will become an occasional destination; 56% said the physical workspace would only be used as an occasional meeting point.
- Platform: 20% of print environments will be fully cloud-based by 2025, compared to just 4% today
- Planet: Print policies, cloud print management solutions and managed print services are all being used to address sustainability, with digital leaders having many more print-elated tools in place to meet sustainability goals than digital laggards*.
- Provider: 26% expect their strongest relationship to be with IT Services providers in 2025.