What is the Best Way to Convert a PDF to the HTML Format?
Did you know that PDFs and HTML files share similarities in many ways? Both use a complex programming language behind the scenes to generate and display documents for users to interact with and read. Today, it is even possible to embed a PDF directly into an HTML page for display. However, you cannot use a PDF file as a web page — but you may wish to use one as the basis for a new page.
To do so, you’ll need to convert PDF to HTML. With Kofax Power PDF, the process is quick and simple, so you can generate the results you need and get back to work without delay.
5 Easy Steps to Convert PDF to HTML
When you want to convert a PDF and output the result as an HTML file you could prepare to put up on the web, follow these simple steps. Whether you’re on a Mac or your PC, the process is the same.
- Open Power PDF and use it to open the document you want to convert.
- Using the main navigation menu, select “Save As.”
- Select “HTML” from the drop-down list of available file types.
- Set your destination folder.
- Click the OK button.
Power PDF creates a brand-new HTML file you can upload on the web or begin editing to fine-tune its appearance and functionality at the end of this process. With a process that takes only a few steps and seconds to complete, it is easier, safer and more reliable than looking for an online PDF to HTML tool.
What About Turning HTML Files into PDFs?
Naturally, the process can work the other way, too. With Power PDF, you can even create a PDF copy of a web page without opening your browser. To convert a page from the web into a PDF you can use and edit for your own purposes, follow these steps:
- Select File, and then click “New.”
- Click “From Web Page” and enter the URL of the page you wish to convert into a PDF.
- Set options, such as downloading the entire website as multiple pages.
- Click “Create.” Power PDF connects to the site, downloads its content and produces your file.
These easy steps give you a PDF that accurately captures the page and its appearance. If you instead want to prepare the PDF for web display without converting, consider optimizing the document to lower its file size instead.
Related Post: How to Compress PDF
Explore What Power PDF Can Help You Achieve Today
File conversions are a key element of what Power PDF does best, but it offers only a quick look at what this PDF editor can achieve. From the individual user to the enterprise seeking a large site license, Power PDF delivers the same excellence at any scale. It is even suitable for integration with modern document workflows and automation. Features that help support every type of document creation and editing include:
- Easy-to-use document editing tools for building new files.
- Drag-and-drop functionality for managing page arrangement, combining files and more.
- Support for advanced encryption and security settings suitable for even the most sensitive personal or business data.
- Form field functionality, simplifying the process of creating interactive PDFs ready for the web.
Available as a perpetual one-time license, Power PDF can achieve far more than any online or free tool, all while remaining easy to learn and master. Try a free 15-day trial version today to explore how easy it is to use your digital documents in the formats you need.