Recently, the world changed.
Employees were furloughed and laid off. Others suddenly found themselves working from home for the first time. The mass disruption, characterized by lockdowns and quarantine, inadvertently created a period of introspection and reflection. Employees rethought their jobs, career paths and what really mattered to them. In the US alone, 47.8 million people voluntarily left their jobs in 2021. This number was quickly trumped by 50.5 million people in 2022. While the Great Resignation has slipped out of the media spotlight, a recent LinkedIn study found the trend is continuing, with almost 70% of Gen Z and millennials said they planned to leave their jobs in 2023.
Employee dissatisfaction is key to the narrative. Today’s workers expect more; work-life balance, flexibility and meaningful employment.
Despite the sustained heightened rates of employee turnover, many companies are reluctant to hire due to the state of the global economy. Amidst heightened employee expectations and a proven willingness to leave their jobs, they are being asked to do more with less resources.
The effects of a disengaged, under-resourced workforce soon trickle down to the customer. Human error, prolonged delivery times, subpar service delivery and a lack of brand consistency result in a dissatisfied customer who will look for a more seamless experience elsewhere. In fact, 61% of customers say they would switch to a new brand after one bad experience.
Both employee and customer satisfaction play a crucial role in business success. The situation presents a challenge for employers to maintain a healthy work-life balance for their employees while still providing an exceptional quality of service to customers.
Investing in the tools and technologies that enhance both is no longer an option but a requirement. Automation is fundamental to unlocking those great employee and customer experiences.
Empowering the user with intelligent automation
We designed our intelligent automation platform, the Kofax TotalAgility® Platform, with these challenges and the modern user in mind.
The platform combines Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to drive business efficiency, extracting data and insights to inform workflow automation solutions.
Our intelligent automation platform was built to help organizations streamline their operations, empower the employee and enhance the customer experience.
Ranked in the Leadership Zone for the Third Year in a Row
This comprehensive, best-in-class assessment analyzes over 100 platforms on their technical ability and scale of operations.Download Report
Empowering the employee
The Kofax TotalAgility® Platform reduces the workload of employees through automation, allowing them to focus on more strategic tasks and increases efficiency and productivity.
There are several ways automation improves day-to-day life for employees:
- Intelligent document processing: Processing documents manually can be tedious and prone to human error. Cognitive capture and AI easily extract information from unstructured data, unlocking valuable insights that drive business efficiency, without human intervention.
- Streamline process orchestration: Effective automation means businesses can coordinate and manage digital workflows and foster collaboration between users, systems and data. Workflow automation enables businesses to foster greater collaboration, allowing employees to work together more effectively towards common goals.
- Connected systems: A lack of coordination between users, systems and data can lead to confusion, inefficiencies and avoidable errors. Automation allows businesses to create workflows that integrate seamlessly with other systems and data sources, minimizing manual intervention, reducing errors and completion time.
By automating mundane, repetitive tasks and streamlining complex workflows, employees are free to engage in meaningful work. They can dedicate time to tasks that require their trained expertise, creativity and critical thinking, resulting in a fulfilling and satisfying relationship with work.
Connecting with the Customer
Automation also plays a vital role in delivering an exceptional customer experience. By automating customer interactions, businesses can improve response times, accuracy and personalization, ultimately increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Customers benefit from automation and RPA in several ways:
- Timely responses: Customers expect timely responses to their queries and complaints. Ninety percent of customers rate an "immediate" response as essential or very important when they have a customer service question. The majority (60%) of customers define "immediate" as 10 minutes or less. Automated customer service responses and query handling ensures customers receive timely and quality responses, elevating the business brand above those that leave their customers with long wait times.
- Personalized experiences: Most (63%) consumers expect businesses to know their unique needs and expectations, while 76% of B2B buyers expect the same thing. Personalize the customer experience with data-driven AI that provides customized solutions based on their unique needs.
- Streamlined processes: Businesses can ensure customers have a seamless experience from start to finish with function automation. When customers place an order, for example, the process is automated and initiated immediately without the need for manual intervention. This can help to reduce errors, ensure consistency, and improve efficiency, ultimately leading to a better customer experience.
Navigating the Future with Intelligent Automation
Today, many companies face resource constraints due to the lingering effects of the pandemic; the Great Resignation and the global economic outlook. With employees being asked to do more with less, intelligent automation can alleviate this strain by automating repetitive tasks and enabling them to focus on more meaningful work. This can lead to higher job satisfaction, greater productivity and improved customer outcomes.
Investing in tools and technologies that enhance both employee and customer satisfaction is essential for businesses that want to remain competitive in today's marketplace. Our TotalAgility® Platform can help companies achieve these goals by automating repetitive tasks, improving employee productivity and job satisfaction, and enhancing the customer experience.
By embracing automation, AI and RPA, businesses can stay ahead of the curve and deliver a superior, consistent experience to their employees and customers alike.