Our world has become increasingly digital and shows no signs of slowing down when developing convenient ways for technology to override older methods. One of the things quickly being replaced in a wide range of places is that of signing documents. Kofax Power PDF caters to this requirement by allowing users to sign documents with an eSignature.
But what are eSignatures, how do you use them, and what are their benefits? Let's investigate.
What is a Digital Signature?
eSignatures are what you would expect based on the name. They are signatures made by signees of a document, except these documents are not printed paper but completely digital.
Once the person receives the document, they can sign it using software such as Kofax SignDoc. Software such as SignDoc allows you to select a fillable location on a form and draw your signature in a digital space. This signature will then be placed into the relevant position on the document by Power PDF.
How Do You Use eSignatures?
Using eSignatures is a straightforward process that you can do in various ways. One of the ways to do it is with SignDoc. Here are the basic steps:
- Open your relevant PDF document.
- Click the Security button on the main menu to open the Security ribbon.
- Click on the SignDoc icon.
- Click Send via Kofax SignDoc.
- A side panel will now open. You can use this to alter any details about the document, such as its name, description, and more.
- Click the + icon next to Signature Field and draw a signature box on the document.
- Set relevant allowed signing methods such as click to sign, or real signature.
- Sign the signature box you just created.
- Save the document.
As you can see, it's a straightforward process to sign your PDF documents using SignDoc.
The Benefits of Digital Signatures
Digital signatures can provide a variety of benefits to those using them, such as:
- It doesn't require printouts of the documents you want to sign, which means you save paper.
- Allows for quick signing of documents from anywhere in the world.
- You can set up a signature that SignDoc will remember and add it to documents instead of manually signing it every time.
- You can create digital signature boxes on documents before sending them out to recipients, making their job of signing them simpler.
If you're not using digital signatures yet, it's probably time to get the tools that allow you to do it. With SignDoc, you can expect all the functionality you need to sign your digital documents securely. Additionally, you can couple it with Kofax Power PDF for additional functionality such as creating, editing, securing, and merging PDFs.
We offer a 15-day trial for those who want to try it out. Alternatively, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for those who aren't happy with the product after trying it out for a few weeks.
Unlock the potential of your PDFs and digital signatures with Kofax Power PDF and SignDoc.