Using a PDF Editor to Repair a Corrupted PDF File After Recovery
PDFs are certainly one of the most common document formats around the world. It’s made sending and receiving all types of documentation reasonably simple. However, you may occasionally discover that the PDF file is inaccessible or undergoes significant damage. If you’ve ever experienced this, you will risk losing crucial data. Thankfully, there’s no need to panic because a smart PDF editor will allow you access to the necessary tools and methods to rectify the problem. Kofax Power PDF provides the ideal solution to repair and recover corrupted PDF files.
Reasons PDF Files Become Corrupt or Damaged
Multiple reasons could be to blame for a corrupt PDF file. These include:
- Insufficient internet connection. During a PDF file download, your computer must have complete access to the internet. If the connection breaks, the download will be incomplete since the file structure sustains damage and prevents the user from opening the file.
- Malfunctioning computer or hard drive. When an HD fails or lacks space, there will be an issue storing PDF files successfully, leading to corrupt PDF files.
- Sudden power outage. Just like an interruption in your internet connectivity, losing power while transferring or sharing a file can lead to a corrupt PDF.
- Viruses. Any malicious content you open on your computer can affect the files on the device. Whether it’s on the hard drive or USB storage, viruses can erase or corrupt PDF files.
- Unsuitable applications. PDFs are unique file formats that you can only open using a suitable application. Power PDF is one such application that allows you to open and edit PDFs freely. However, if you’re using another program that doesn’t support PDFs, it can corrupt the file.
Repairing Corrupt PDF Files
These are the ways you can attempt to repair damaged PDF files.
- Use Power PDF. Several PDF editors and readers are available on the market, but they aren’t equal in capability. It could be possible that the program you’re working with won’t recognize the file, so it’s best to open the file in Power PDF.
- Restore the Previous File Version. An alternative to the above solution is restoring the PDF file to its previous version. If you work on a Windows PC, you should know that it has an innate feature that backs up different versions of the file specifically for scenarios like this. When the current PDF file is corrupt, you can restore the previous version by right-clicking on the PDF file, clicking Properties, and then Previous Versions to find the one you need. Finally, push the Restore button to open the file.
- Use an online PDF repair tool. If unsure what to do, you can capitalize on an online repair tool for a corrupt PDF file. Several free sites exist where you upload the file and click on Save Changes to uncorrupt the PDF.
Why Choose Power PDF
This software already has more than 10 million users worldwide, enjoying its beneficial features. Whether you need it on a personal or business level, Power PDF has everything you require. However, instead of simply taking our word for it, you can take advantage of our 15-day trial to experience what Power PDF can do for you.