How Does Power PDF Compare to Adobe Acrobat?
Let's start with better security, a more intuitive interface and no subscription fees.
Kofax Power PDF. The Best Adobe Acrobat PDF Alternative
Your business faces many challenges—staffing, overhead expenses, marketing, security and much more. It’s a difficult task to balance these needs, and you need the best tools to develop efficient solutions.
Kofax Power PDF has been the top PDF alternative to Adobe and other software companies for 20 years. With Power PDF, you’ll save money while improving each of the essential functions your business relies on.
Discover Power PDF advantages
Pay Once, Own It Forever
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Kofax Power PDF Advanced
SPENT on Adobe Acrobat
over 3 years
(you own nothing)
Compare Power PDF Advanced vs. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
|Feature||Power PDF Advanced||Acrobat Pro DC|
|Create PDF’s and export to Word, Excel or PowerPoint|
|Convert documents and images to PDF files|
|Combine multiple documents into one PDF file|
|Create a password-protected PDF|
|Easily create, sign and send forms|
|Microsoft Office style ribbon user interface to minimize learning curve and maximize productivity|
|Advanced Edit — word processing capabilities within your PDF file|
|Create a table of contents from bookmarks|
|Convert Assistant desktop utility or similar|
|Convert selection using OCR & convert to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect for scanned (image) PDF files and text-based PDF files|
|Proximal ‘fuzzy search’ to find more results in typos, word orders, etc. to search for Social Security numbers, telephone numbers or any alphanumeric pattern you define|
|Support to read, save and convert in PDF/A-4 formats|
|View protected PDF files & apply protection to PDFs using Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)|
|Organize and manage a library of PDF security envelopes|
|Drag and drop security profiles to quickly and easily secure documents|
|One-click professional scanning with auto find-and-mark technology|
See how Power PDF Advanced stacks up against Adobe Acrobat Pro Click here
Power PDF Is More Secure Than Acrobat
These days, whether you’re running a business or working on your personal computer, security is paramount. Power PDF stands out as a premier defender against both attacks that use PDFs as a vector and bad actors trying to access your files.
- Adobe Acrobat remains a preferred target for hackers, turning the software against its users and often compromising networks in the process. One malicious PDF could infect an entire organization with ransomware. Power PDF uses advanced security scanning to identify and neutralize malicious code, meaning you can safely open your PDFs without worrying about damaging your computers.
- While you can password-protect documents with Adobe products, Power PDF takes protection several steps further. By cooperating with the Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management System, you can accurately control who has access to the documents on your network. So your competition and hackers will need more than just a password to access your secure documents.
Power PDF Costs Significantly Less Than Acrobat
Ultimately, your business succeeds or fails based on one uncompromising demand: a positive balance in your corporate bank accounts. Compared to Acrobat, Power PDF is a much more economical choice.
- You can secure a Power PDF license for a single payment that won’t expire. Ever. The same license you purchase for your business today continues to work in the long term.
- The costs may look similar between Power PDF Advanced ($188) and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ($180) in the first year. But the following year, the savings compound. By the time your Adobe contract has extended to its third year, you’ll have paid $540 for the Acrobat license. But with Power PDF Advanced, each additional year costs $0.
- When your business expands, these savings go even further. For example, using just five licenses, your business can save over $900 per year on licensing. The bigger your business becomes, the more those savings add up.
Does it make sense to repeatedly pay for a product you already have? Thanks to perpetual licensing, with Power PDF, you won’t have to.
Other Reasons Power PDF Beats Adobe Acrobat
While the security and financial benefits of using Power PDF are profound, there are many other reasons to make the switch from Acrobat:
- Power PDF integrates into many cloud storage solutions. Many businesses rely on Microsoft SharePoint as the baseline for cloud access, but Power PDF is also compatible with Box, Evernote, and Google Drive, among its many options.
- Power PDF functions as many programs in one. Its utility extends through its many features, including editing, combining, splitting, and converting PDFs. For advanced functions, Power PDF even includes assistants that can help your employees work more efficiently and learn how to do new things each time they use it.
- As you invest in additional software to enhance your business’s workflows, you’ll find that Power PDF embraces automation—this saves your workers time and money.
- We’ve designed Power PDF’s utility ribbon to function like the familiar Microsoft Office ribbon. This intuitive design streamlines the learning experience and dramatically softens the learning curve, enabling your employees to use Power PDF like professionals in no time.
Making the Switch to Power PDF
Each business is unique, so the benefits that Power PDF offers your business may go well beyond the security, savings, and convenience features addressed here. The best way to find out how Power PDF can improve your business is to try it for yourself. Explore our free 15 day trial today, then sign up for a perpetual license when you’ve experienced the difference that Power PDF makes. Our support team is standing by to answer any questions you have and to get your business set up to Work Like Tomorrow™ – today.