Creating Sharp, Small PDFs with Kofax Power PDF
PDFs have been a revolution to the world of technology. The features it offers a user are second to none and certainly a first. Traditional document formats such as Word and Excel are fantastic for basic use but don’t have the extended abilities that PDF files offer. However, because of their quality, they can often occupy too much space on your hard drive or removable storage device. With Kofax Power PDF, you can create the same quality files and reduce PDF size to ensure you manage your storage efficiently.
Creating a PDF
Power PDF is a smart, intuitive program and doesn’t require extensive training to master. If you’ve worked with Word, Excel, or PowerPoint before, creating a PDF file should be a breeze. Additionally, you can attach images or emails to produce a PDF by simply clicking a button. The ease of creating these PDFs may surprise you, especially how you can integrate Power PDF with other programs.
Creating a PDF is one of the basic features of the program. Power PDF relies on smooth integration with your PC to make the task hassle-free. Follow these steps to produce a PDF file using any Microsoft Office program.
- While using the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint programs, you will notice a Power PDF button in the main ribbon.
- Click on the ‘Create PDF’ button that opens the create assistant.
- Finally, save it as a PDF and select the location you’d like to store the document.
After this process, your new PDF is available for any edits you may want to add.
Compressing Large PDFs
Large PDF files may not be a problem for the average user, but it has financial implications for the IT department. It will result in purchasing more storage capacity–an additional expense for any business. However, using Power PDF allows you to compress files efficiently to reduce their size and minimize their effect on storage capacity.
When using the compression feature on Power PDF, you may only view the progression bar, but a lot is happening behind the scenes. The software engages a compression algorithm that will reduce the file size even with default settings, and you will have access to other options that can improve the compression.
These are some of the features you can expect from PDF compression.
- Lossless compression refers to maintaining sharp contents in a PDF file without a large file size. The program uses the algorithm to store the necessary PDF data to allow you to keep the quality of your images.
- The alternative is changing the quality of those images. Power PDF enables you to modify the result, and you can save massive space by reducing the quality ever so slightly.
- When you need to make the PDF as small as possible, you can remove all images and multimedia from the file and preserve the text only.
To use any of the above features, you need to open the file you wish to compress in Power PDF.
Select the Home tab at the top-left of the program and find the ‘Reduce’ button. You can choose to ‘Reduce current file’ from the options, which can compress the PDF behind the scenes in no time.
Alternatively, you can select the Optimize button to make specific changes to the document, such as reducing the quality of the images.
Why Power PDF
This software is the ideal alternative to Adobe; over 10 million users worldwide are already enjoying its benefits. You can take the software on trial for 15 days and experience what it offers.