Postponement of the e-Invoicing mandate
In a statement released on 23 October 2023, the Israel Tax Authority (ITA) announced that the initial rollout of electronic invoicing will be delayed until March 31, 2024 (originally set for January 1, 2024).
However, the ITA also announced that all relevant systems will be in place by January 1, 2024. This will allow taxpayers to voluntarily implement e-invoicing at that time.
Here is a summary of the updated phases:
- 1 January 2024 - Voluntary phase
- 1 April 2024 - All invoices with a value over NIS 25,000
- 1 January 2025 - All invoices with a value of more than NIS 20,000
- 1 January 2026 - All invoices with a value greater than NIS 15,000
- 1 January 2027 - All invoices with a value greater than NIS 10,000
- 1 January 2028 - All invoices with a value of more than NIS 5,000