Kofax Power PDF 4 Arrives: The Latest Edition of Power PDF is Here
The PDF is everywhere in the world of business, and not every tool is entirely up to the task of streamlining your processes for working with this ubiquitous type of file. The cost is too high, the learning curve too steep, the support requirements too demanding — the challenges are many. What many need is simple: a solution built for business. Kofax Power PDF, formerly Nuance Power PDF, is just such a solution. Supporting more than 2 million customers globally, Power PDF is already the leading alternative to Adobe Acrobat. With the release of Power PDF 4, we've signaled the start of the next generation of cost-competitive PDF management for businesses in every industry.
Supercharged Functionality for the Modern Office
While upgrades and new features are always exciting, the core functionality of Power PDF remains the same. A robust tool for PDF manipulation that is easy to learn for any user familiar with Microsoft Office, Power PDF includes all the essential features you expect from software of this caliber.
Important functionalities developed for ease-of-use in business settings include:
- Wide-ranging document conversion capabilities. Rapidly convert Microsoft Office files to PDF and back again. Power PDF supports converting from many other file formats, including JPG, TIFF, and more.
- Security from the ground up to protect sensitive documents and resist electronic tampering. Power PDF 4 supports industry-leading AES encryption standards, with digital document signatures and certificate-based encryption for maximum security in sensitive industries.
- Intuitive PDF editing and consolidation for direct document manipulation to make your paperwork look professional.
- Powerful tools for information privacy, including automated redaction and document comparison to support consistent versioning.
In version 4, we've enhanced these features and added more to continue creating value for businesses with one or a thousand users.
What's New in Power PDF 4?
Power PDF 4 is the best version for business users yet, with a whole suite of new features, integrations, and enhancements targeted to make every workday easier. By taking what our users already enjoyed and adding more features, we provided even more tools for effectively managing PDFs, all while meeting a lower price point for businesses.
What are some of the exciting improvements awaiting users of Power PDF 4?
- Even more advanced optical character recognition (OCR), with version 21 of Kofax OCR built directly into Power PDF. We've improved word scanning for optimum character reproduction while innovating to achieve a 67% improvement in proper recognition of alphanumeric strings. Power PDF 4 includes a further 11% improvement in conversion from low-resolution images. Convert to and from JPG and PDF with ease, saving time on every document.
- New integration with time-saving e-signature technologies, including Kofax SignDoc, a separate tool for building a paperless office through the elimination of wet-ink signing.
- Enhanced accessibility. We've included additional conversion capabilities to comply with the latest standards for accessible documents, including WCAG AA 2.1 and the PDF/UA standard.
- Expanded cloud collaboration options with more connectors for Microsoft OneDrive.
With other enhancements including an overhauled user interface and behind-the-scenes changes for better accessibility and consistency across all documents, Power PDF 4 was created with business needs in mind — whether that business is in healthcare, finance, legal, commerce, or any other.
Solutions for Standardization in Any Industry
Smart functionality should come with a price tag that makes the software a smart investment, too. Power PDF wasn't just built for business; it was designed to produce a clear ROI for firms, as well. Using a one-time licensing fee structure, making it simple to acquire for a few power users in the back office or the entire team at once.
With typical savings approaching 70% over three years versus a comparable monthly subscription to Adobe products, it's easy and cost-effective to deploy Power PDF in your business for every user. With an optional annual subscription option for ongoing maintenance and support, our partners can tap into a wealth of resources while staying current with future versions. Find out how much your company could save today.
Work Like Tomorrow with PDF 4
With advanced OCR technology, solutions for rapid signing, and a focus on security, Power PDF rises to meet the needs of the modern workplace. From existing users interested in upgrading to businesses looking for the next opportunity to streamline operations for a competitive advantage, Power PDF 4 delivers exceptional performance with incredible value. Work like tomorrow using software that supports and simplifies operations across your entire business.
Find out more about adopting the latest version of Power PDF today at www.kofax.com/powerpdf.