Top 5 Trends to Consider When Enhancing Your RPA Implementation
According to a recent AIIM Emerging Technologies report, the buzz around robotic process automation (RPA) shows no signs of slowing. With the many benefits a digital workforce can provide to almost any organization – improved compliance, faster turnaround times for customers, better data quality and ROI within a year on average – it’s not difficult to see why. Yet research shows that only 3% of organizations are scaling RPA to a level of 50 or more software robots. What’s holding them back from seizing the true benefits and potential of RPA?
Here is a snapshot of the top 5 takeaways from the research that help shed some light on the challenges and opportunities for RPA deployments today:
1. Despite two decades of BPM implementations, full process automation is more the exception than the rule.
2. Across every core back-end business process, unstructured and semi-structured information (i.e., content) represents a significant obstacle to full automation.
3. ...And organizations expect the unstructured information problem – information chaos – to get much worse in the next 2 years
4. RPA technologies are a vehicle to more fully leverage existing BPM and ECM investments.
5. RPA systems need enhanced content capabilities to be fully effective.
AIIM Emerging Technologies Report:
Enhancing Your RPA Implementation with Intelligent Information