Paper dependency. If you have it, you’re no stranger to the disadvantages it poses. Staff struggle to store and locate paper records across multiple folders, boxes and locations, resulting in lost productivity and missing information. Not to mention the significant security and compliance risks paper-based records present.
Perceptive records and information management (RIM) is part of a complete process and content management framework that supports the entire lifecycle of important business content—from capture and retention to archiving and destruction. Customers across all industries apply our RIM functionality to operational processes like human resources, accounting, and contracts management.
This helps staff concentrate on day-to-day business activities while fulfilling specific records management and compliance needs. In fact, our technology is certified to achieve legislative, operational and regulatory compliance established by DoD 5015.2.
Our RIM products help you effectively manage your most valuable information assets, and as a result:
- Ensure compliance with government and industry records retention requirements
- Reduce risk in the event of civil litigation or government investigation
- Minimize storage costs and free up server space for critical information
- Reallocate staff resources for more useful business activities
- Organize paper and electronic information for immediate retrieval
- Protect mission-critical information against loss or unintended destruction
Functional highlights of our RIM products include:
- Create and manage file plans to manage records, increasing accessibility, accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements
Perform record declaration with additional access, modification and deletion security to ensure records are retained according to policy
Retention policy management
Quickly define time- and event-based document retention policies with multiple phases
Manage and track electronic and physical documents in a single system
Generate a certificate of destruction and produce a chain of custody
Destroy, transfer to storage (online/nearline/offline) or retain data permanently
Require a user, or users in a set order, to approve transfers or destruction
Secure legal and audit holds
Easily create holds that prevent the modification or deletion of information
Maintain instant accessibility and provable integrity of document content