Organizations like yours rely on business-critical information found in a wide variety of file types. And without the right system to manage this content, one of the biggest barriers to productivity takes over—the proliferation of unsecured, untracked, unmanaged, and redundant content across your organization.
Perceptive document management software is part of a complete process and content management framework that enhances information accessibility, promotes organized collaboration via workflow processes and secures content in all its forms.
Document management from capture to disposition
Document management features start by eliminating one of the biggest barriers to greater productivity—unmanaged content creation. Our capture products put content under control from the moment it’s created or captured.
A secure, central repository is the backbone of our electronic document management system, Perceptive Content, which is built around a security model that is engineered to let you:
- Grant and revoke individual and group rights to each distinct system function
- Restrict documents and document types based on a user’s point of access
- Conceal confidential data while preserving a document’s original integrity
- Organize all enterprise information in a secure, central electronic repository
Effective document management systems require the proper classification or indexing of captured information.
Our integrated Content Models are built on industry requirements and best practices to help you capture, secure, process and locate content. It also lets you structure, manage and preserve content to best fit your business needs.
Configured in combination with standard technologies such as LearnMode™ and Pretrieve™, as well as Web services-based integration technologies, Content Models provide an essential tool for rapidly associating unstructured information with records in your core business systems.
Our document management software includes flexible saved, ad hoc and integrated search options.
- Access managed documents instantly within the context of a predefined process
- Locate specific documents using system-assigned values or manually entered metadata
- Perform full-text searches across large repositories
- Effectively analyze, extract and manage metadata to make videos and other forms of rich media easily findable
- Locate relevant content before you even ask for it with our exclusive Pretrieve feature
As users across an organization create, edit and maintain documents using any desktop application, they can easily apply version control and library services directly from a variety of interfaces, including Interact applications and Web services clients. It’s all made possible through the Document Control Suite.
At any point in a business process, users can check out the latest version of a document, check in a new version, review a history of revisions, digitally sign the document and more:
- Promote a previously saved version of a document to the current version
- Detail a document’s chain of custody through powerful auditing capabilities